Saturday, October 3, 2009

The One Healthcare Book All Parents Should Have

Last night at 3AM when I pulled out my copy of the book Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child to take care of my sick child, I realized you all should know about this book if you have children. If you own one healthcare book, this is what it should be! I've given it as gifts to very appreciative new mothers and I've referred to it so many times for myself and friends who have asked me for advice. What makes this reference book stand out above all others I've seen is that it includes many ailments and for each it offers conventional treatment, dietary guidelines, nutritional supplements, herbal treatment, homeopathic remedies, Bach flower remedies and accupressure treatment. It explains the diseases, tells you when to call the doctor and includes a section on therapies and procedures (so you know where the Four Gates accupressure points are) and the elements of health care (caring for a newborn, providing safe environment, diet and nutrition, etc). Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child is really the most complete, most comprehensive health care reference for parents! Even when we know what to do, it can be hard to remember all of our options in the middle of the night! Be well!