Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Raw Food Brownie Recipe

I got this from a friend and can't wait to try it! I love brownies and she swears this tastes so good. You can also add other things to make bars (dried fruit, protein powder, etc) Let me know how you like it!
Here's the jist :

3 cups pecan "flour"
22 pitted dates
2/3 cup cocoa powder
agave syrup, or stevia to to sweeten

I take the pecans about 1/2 to 1 cup at a time, buzz it in the bullet, leave some larger chunks or not, and dump it in the cake pan, 8x8 or whatever. you can use almonds, but I prefer the pecans or walnuts.

buzz about 8 or so dates at a time, there might be some larger chunks but that's okay, they will get Incorporated later.This will be sticky.

I used agave syrup, but my sister in-law used stevia, a natural sweetener, and it tasted great.

Just put them all in a heap in the pan, then use your hands to mix together. flatten, and put in fridge. Make sure you lick your fingers:)LOL Then eat.

NO JOKE, they taste just like a stinking fudgy brownie. But the good part is, you feel awesome after you eat them! Your brain will be confused.....which is a good thing.

Enjoy!! Be well.